13 January 2008

Cupcakes

I bought a TupperChef fryer on offer recently. This fryer is good as you can actually bake over the gas stove (which would be cheaper than electricity). It has been a long time since I baked cakes. Reason being I'm not a very patient person and making cakes need patience and time, so for most times, my cakes failed. I prefer to make muffins, as it's such a simple method of mixing the wet ingredients with the dry ones.

I was inspired by some blogs I read last night, so in the wee hours of 1-2am, I was in the kitchen baking cupcakes! I had to close all the doors so that my cake mixer won't wake the kids up. The quantity was not a lot and it was much easier to control the consistency of the mix. I guess with my experience in muffins, I was able to know if I added too little flour or if I needed more liquid.

Photobucket

Easy Cupcakes (adapted from DianasDesserts.com)
makes 6 jumbo or 9 std

1/2 cup plain flour, sift with baking powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 cup or 30g butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 egg, beaten
1/4 (8oz) carton plain yogurt or sour cream
1/4 cup rasins

1. Preheat oven to 180oC. Line muffin cups with paper cups.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter on high speed for 30sec. Add sugar and vanilla and beat until well mixed. Add beaten egg, a little at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in flour mixture and yogurt alternately and finally fold in the rasins.
3. Spoon batter to fill up to 1/4 cup. Bake in preheated oven about 18 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove from oven and cups and allow to cool completely.

No comments: