13 March 2008

Raisin Muffins

It's the 1 week March holidays. So unfortunately that both kids and I are sick, so is my mom who takes care of my kids. I took urgent leave today, so that I could rest and help my mom take care of them. Matthew has always helped his godmother (who's my younger sis) to make muffins and has been pestering me to do the same.

I didn't have my own trusty muffin recipe with me, I had to surf the net to come up with something. I did find something, but I kind of abandoned it while I was measuring the ingredients, because I was all mixed up. Furthermore, I wasn't on home ground, so I screwed up... BUT I used my baking instincts and managed to come up with something. Matthew helped to prepare the muffin cups, sift the flour and mix the batter. The result was fantastic! I quickly wrote down the modified recipe. It's definitely for keeps.

No photos, they were all gone before dinner time!

Matthew's Raisin Muffins - makes 9 std size
120g self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
50g brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
60g olive oil
80g milk
1/2 cup raisins

1. Sift flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Add sugar to the flour and mix well.
2. Add egg, oil and milk into the large bowl. Stir till just combine. Add raisins and mix well.
3. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake in pre-heated 170oC oven for 20min. Remove from oven and cool on rack.

Notes
** If using plain flour, add additional 1 tsp baking powder.


Updated on 30 Jan 2015
Milk and oil qty adjusted as below: 
30g oil (coconut or canola or olive)
30g milk 
80g Greek yogurt 

This adjustment yields a much finer crumb. Yummy! This recipe can be used as a base for other variants like chocolate chips, blueberries or nut but not banana due to the additional moisture content.

No comments: