02 March 2008

Hokkaido Milky Loaf

I made bread last night. From scratch, it took me 30 min to knead a proper bread dough, stretching it to a thin film without tearing it. Even before I placed in the mixing bowl, grease and cover it to proof, it was getting bigger by the second. 60min, I poked my finger into the expanded dough and the hole stayed there and the dough was not deflated. Took it out, gave it a few quick kneads, shaped it and let it to rest in the loaf pan for 20min. Forgot to brush with water. The pan was placed too high, I had to cover it with aluminium foil. After 30min, it was done! We took it out and hubby couldn't wait to try. Cut a small slice and spread some butter on it. Yummy! The crust was crisp and the interior was soft but a little too dense. We finished the whole loaf today.

Actually I'm not quite pleased with my bread. It doesn't have the same kind of texture as what Happy Home Baker has photographed in her food blog. I realised why - I "accidentally added" too much flour, by dusting too much flour on my working table while kneading. after note: I also suspect that I overkneaded?.. never mind, will do a better job next time.

Photobucket

original recipe > Angie's Recipes: Hokkaido Milky Loaf
My inspiration - Happy Home Baker > Hokkaido Milky Loaf

No comments: