14 April 2008

JoJo's Banana Muffins

bare with me.. i'm going through a muffin craze and baked banana muffins last night. decided to name my version of banana muffins after my baby daughter who loves banana. hopefully she loves the banana muffins i baked.

again, i'm been lazy with the camera, so no pictures :p

Banana muffins
120g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
55g sugar
60g oil
10g milk
1 egg, beaten
2 medium sized bananas, mashed

1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
2. In another bowl, blend all the wet ingredients and mashed bananas together. Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture, till just combine.
3. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake in pre-heated 160oC oven for 15min. Remove from oven and cool on rack.

Update 3 Mar 2014: 

It has been a long while since I post on this blog. The kids have grown up, both in primary school now. I have been baking on and off. Today I came back to this good trusty recipe and made banana muffins again (photo below). This time with a slight variation, I added mini chocolate chips for Joanne. And now we are staying with my parents, using a different oven, the temperature was also adjusted to 175oC.

With this update, perhaps it's time I picked up my blog where I last left it.

In the meanwhile, you can also add raisins, walnuts. Have fun with the recipe.

Updated 3 April 2015:
I increased the amount of flour to 140g. Instead of 60g oil, I used 30g yogurt and 30g coconut oil. The texture is much better and my son had 3 blueberry ones for dinner. Yummy! 

No comments: